"You may be surprised at what seclusion with God will do for your mind, body, and soul…. Through the portals of silence the healing sun of wisdom and peace will shine upon you.” — Paramahansa Yogananda
Devotees may register for either conducted group retreats or individual silence retreats at YSS Dwarahat Ashram.
CONDUCTED GROUP RETREATS, led by Sannyasis, are held regularly, mostly over weekends. These spiritual retreats consist of 2-3 days of silence, morning and evening Energization Exercises and Group Meditation, review of our divine Guru’s techniques of concentration and meditation, Gurudeva’s teachings and How-to-Live principles.
INDIVIDUAL RETREATS are encouraged. Devotees can stay in the ashram for 3-7 days and utilize this period for remaining in silence, introspection, spiritual reading, and for practising the presence of God.
Please Note for Retreats:
- Retreats are open only to YSS/ SRF lesson students.
- Please book in advance through the online accommodation request form (by clicking on "Request Accommodation" at the bottom of this page). Alternatively, you may call YSS Dwarhat Ashram or send an email to [email protected]. (Please see the contact details given below).
- Any accommodation request for retreats sent by message on the mobile or via email must include: Name, Age/Gender, Lesson Number, Date and Time of Arrival, Date and Time of Departure, Contact Details.
- Normally, individual accommodation will be provided within the ashram. In case of a large number of devotees attending the retreat, accommodation will be shared. Ladies and men will be accommodated separately.
- Only those devotees who plan to attend the entire retreat may apply.
- Please inform at least one week in advance, and await confirmation from the Ashram.
- Dwarahat town closes down by 7 pm. Hence as far as possible devotees should arrive at the ashram not later than 5 pm.
- Ashram will not be able to provide accommodation for drivers of the vehicles of devotees.
Dates for which accommodation is not available
17 to 24
Feb. 28 onwards until further notice
Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram - Dwarahat
DWARAHAT – 263653
Dist. Almora, Uttarakhand
Phones: 9756082167, 9411708541
Office hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
E-mail: [email protected]